Recently at AWS re:Invent, Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com, Inc. company (NASDAQ: AMZN), and Salesforce, the #1 AI CRM (NYSE: CRM) announced a significant expansion of their long standing, global strategic partnership to easily build trusted AI apps, deliver intelligent, data-powered CRM experiences, and bring salesforce products to the AWS Marketplace.
The partnership signifies the first time Salesforce will offer select products on the AWS Marketplace, permitting customers to easily and securely manage their data across Salesforce and AWS, and safely and responsibly incorporate the latest generative AI technologies into their applications and workflows.
Salesforce will be integrating Amazon Bedrock,
a fully managed service that makes foundation models (FMs) from leading AI companies available through a single application programming interface (API), as part of Salesforce’s open model ecosystem strategy. This will make Amazon Bedrock available through the Einstein Trust Layer to power AI-driven apps and workflows in Salesforce.
Salesforce Data Cloud will be expanding to support data sharing with other AWS technologies
These Data Cloud integrations will be governed by new centralized access controls, giving customers the ability to manage secure user access at the folder, object, and file level for Data Cloud content stored in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
The Salesforce and AWS collaboration will include compute, storage, data, and AI technologies through Hyperforce for Salesforce Data Cloud.
The new features will include the following beneficial enhancements:
- Streamlining Purchasing Options for Customers via AWS Marketplace
- Enhancing Customer Experiences Through Unified Data Management
- Securely Bringing AWS Data and AI Services to Salesforce’s Einstein 1 Platform
- Seamless Customer Service with Service Cloud and Amazon Connect
- Empowering Developers with New AWS Compute and Development Services
- Customers benefit from the expanded relationship between AWS and Salesforce