SketchUp, 3D modeling design software, has designed a VR Viewer to explore SketchUp models using their favorite Quest device:
SketchUp is coming to Meta Quest! Over the past several months we have been hard at work building our VR Viewer from scratch to create a delightful new way for SketchUp customers to immerse themselves into their SketchUp models using their favorite Quest device.
With SketchUp Viewer for Quest users will have access to following features:
- VR Untethered– SketchUp Viewer works Quest 2 and Quest Pro devices completely untethered and mobile.
- Device Token Authentication– users can sign in or create a new Trimble ID account using the 4-digit code that will appear on the launch screen.
- Access Models– obtain access via two demo models offered in the app, or access any SketchUp models by publishing them in Trimble Connect.
- Home Environment– the new SketchUp Viewer features a brand new Home Environment and a dynamic table to view your models in tabletop mode.
- Model Navigation (Tabletop & Immersive)– navigational methods are available such as zoom, orbit, move and pan to facilitate easy navigation
- Teleport with Thumbstick– tilt the thumbstick button of your controller to point and teleport.
- Take Dimensions with Tape Measure– use the tape measure tool in the tools panel to take measurements between any two points and other related features.
- Navigate with Scenes– SketchUp model saved scenes are accessible and navigable.
- Presentation Mode– Set up your Scenes in SketchUp desktop, web, or mobile, enter Presentation Mode in VR (via the Scenes menu) where customers can access designs through the headset.