Roku Inc. (Nasdaq: ROKU) and YouTube recently declared the availability of YouTube TV on select Roku devices for a $35/month fee. YouTube TV will allow Roku users to stream live sports, local and national news, and must-see shows the moment they air on live TV.
According to the official news release, the collaboration will provide “live TV from nearly 50 networks including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, Disney Channel, ESPN, FX, Telemundo” and local sports and news channels. Sports and premium networks are also available for an additional monthly charge.
Other features available with deal include:
* Cloud DVR with no storage limits
* “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
* “Home” tab with personalized recommendations, including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home!) and more
* “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
* Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
* Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations