12 Artificial Intelligence Excellence Steps for Transforming IT operations
by Tech Mainstream Staff
December 1, 2017
In the sometimes arduous journey in implementing artificial intelligence (AI), a ray of hope. Gartner recently has elaborated on 12 steps to help successfully integrate artificial intelligence practices into your organization.
The 12 steps can be categorized into four major stages of progress as explained by Gartner research vice president Will Cappelli: “We start in the establishment phase and then move to the reactive phase, a process of inventorying existing skills and assets and then analyzing this information. This creates a solid platform to move on to the proactive and expansion phases, and begin truly transforming IT operations.”
The recommended 12 artificial intelligence excellence steps are as follows:
* Select a small number of key business applications.
* Assess existing skill sets.
* Inventory existing data sources.
* Expand functionality to 20 or so business applications.
* Share data and analysis with IT processes outside of IT operations.
* Share data and analysis with business processes.
* Build a semi-structured historical database.
* Implement visualization and natural language access to data.
* Deploy statistical analysis.
* Implement streaming data ingestion.
* Use predictive analytics to anticipate incidents.
* Engage in root-cause analysis of complex problems.